Who Are We?
Here at Patron Technology, our backgrounds are as diverse as this city, but we have one thread that ties us all together -- we are passionate about arts, sports, and entertainment and want to see these industries succeed.
What Are We Doing?
We provide our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the salesforce.com platform.
Where Are We?
Our corporate headquarters are located right in the heart of the theatre district in NYC! You can practically step outside and see the flashing lights of Broadway. That being said, some of our positions are pretty flexible, and we have team members across the world.
What Are You Waiting For?
Check out our available positions:
- Full Time Bookkeeping Assistant - Entry Level
- Client Administrator
- Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
- Software Engineer for Salesforce.com Development
Full Time Bookkeeping Assistant - Entry Level
Patron Technology, a company dedicated to providing web-based technology to performing arts organizations, seeks a full-time bookkeeper assistant to round out a smart, dedicated, (and fun!) four-person team.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Process bills and send payments to vendors
- Enter financial data into accounting system
- Verify, prepare and send financial reports to clients
- Verify receipts and process monthly credit card expense reports
- Verify and process expenses for employee reimbursements
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Ensure proper allocation of disbursements to clients
- Process client payments
- Other projects as necessary (mostly Excel/administrative)
You love detail, and you’re something of a perfectionist (and this doesn’t stress you out!). You want to learn more about the inner workings of a quickly growing business. You don’t get overwhelmed when working to meet deadlines and have the ability to prioritize. You take pride in the quality and quantity of work you do each day, knowing that it contributes to the success of the whole system that’s built on it.
This is an in-house position (not remote), and it’s an ideal position for a recent college graduate who is interested in the financial side of a growing technology business. If you have years of experience, you’re welcome to apply, but we will likely not be able to meet your salary requirements.
- Proficiency with Excel
- Comfort working with web-based technology
- Fast and accurate typing
- Detail orientation
- Analytic mind
- Self motivated
- Problem solver
- Likes to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to multitask
- Looking to learn and work in a fun environment
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and/or other bookkeeping systems is a plus!
Compensation includes salary, health insurance paid 100% by company, and 401K. There is ample opportunity for increased responsibility as time goes on.
How to Apply:
Apply to Katie Kloan at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com.
Send resume and answer the following questions:
- Are you interested in the arts and/or technology?
- If you reconcile your personal bank account and it’s off by $2, what do you do? Tell us about your process — how do you attack the issue and how do you resolve it.
- What is your favorite game?
We look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully meeting you very soon.
Patron Technology provides our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager CRM, which is built in partnership with salesforce.com.
We are located in Midtown Manhattan near Carnegie Hall, and office hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
If you have an interest in the arts and a love for technology, we want you to work with us! We have an entry-level position available with negotiable hours (9am-6pm or 12pm-9pm Eastern time), and though our office is in New York City, there are no geographic requirements. Candidates from the west coast are encouraged to apply.
At Patron Technology, our clients are primarily arts & cultural organizations (theatres, orchestras, dance companies, museums) that use our products, PatronManager and PatronMail, to run their organizations. We believe they should have access to great technology, as well as the knowledge and expertise to use it successfully. Our Client Services team is a key part of that philosophy. These are a few of the things our customers tell us about the service we provide:
"Thanks! Your instructions were easy to follow and I got it all fixed. You guys rock!"
"You're always so helpful, and even when I feel stupid you make me feel like I'm not stupid... We really appreciate it."
Join us, and you can help us elicit those kinds of responses!
This is not specifically a “tech support” position, but we ARE a technology company, so we're looking for someone who knows their way around a computer, and is excited (and not at all intimidated) by learning new things all the time. Do you love trying out new apps on your smartphone? Do your relatives come to you with their computer problems? Have you ever built your own database, or website, or even just customized a Tumblr template? If you can answer yes with enthusiasm and pride to questions like these, we’d like you to apply.
Our Client Administration department helps clients by answering questions and solving problems by email and over the phone. Here are some examples the kind of work you'll be doing:
- Setting up a season subscription package for a symphony orchestra
- Creating box office reports for a theatre company's finance manager
- Troubleshooting a marketing manager's problems with an image in her email campaign
- Helping a development director with pulling lists for a fundraising appeal
- ...And just generally answering basic (or complicated!) questions about how our systems work.
Working here, you'll learn how cloud-based software works, how arts organizations work, and what it's like to be part of a fast-growing technology company. Check out the rest of our website to learn more about what we do, and check out some photos of all of us at play and at work to learn more about who we are. Compensation includes salary, health insurance paid 100% by company, and 401K, and there is ample opportunity for increased responsibility as time goes on.
Are you excited yet? Write to us and tell us why! Your cover letter should make your case for why we should hire you (specifically!) to do this job (specifically!). Proving you're an awesome, smart, enthusiastic person who loves the arts and loves technology will get you farther than a resume full of experience. Also, please tell us which of the three shifts we mentioned you’re interested in.
In addition to your cover letter & resume, we’d like to see how you would answer some real-life client questions. Be creative, as there are no correct answers. Please send responses to the following questions:
1) A PatronManager client named Stefanie wants to know what types of subscription packages our box office ticketing system supports. Write her back with an answer.
2) Jed, a PatronManager client, writes in asking if we support Bixolon printers. Write him back with a response.
Send all your materials (cover letter, writing samples, and resume) to Philippe at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line “Client Administration Team.”
Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
We are looking for a sales executive who understands the arts & ticketing industry and has exceptional sales and prospecting abilities. We offer PatronManager: cloud-based box office ticketing, marketing, & fundraising built on the salesforce platform. As a Sales Executive your potential clients will be performing arts executives, museum and venue managers, fundraising specialists, and box office professionals. Understanding their business needs and perspectives is essential.
Job responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of the sales process, from initial product demonstration to contracting.
- Prospecting for new clients.
- Collaborating with colleagues within a supportive sales team environment.
Requirements and Considerations:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in sales and lead generation.
- A strong interest and/or experience working with performing arts organizations, museums, commercial entertainment or sports.
- Experience selling software or other technology systems.
- Experience actually using any ticketing, membership management, or fundraising technology system is helpful.
- You must be able to write in a compelling manner and be equally persuasive on the phone or in person.
Send a cover letter and resume to jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line "Sales AE." Tell us about your enthusiasm for this position, why you have the innate drive and experience for this position, and why this job is perfect for you. Because crisp and persuasive writing is a critical skill, your cover letter should demonstrate that and is a very important part of your application. In other words, don’t bother sending a form cover letter. This position is located in our mid-town Manhattan office. You’ll have significant earning potential with a base salary plus commission. We also offer a Fortune-500 quality health insurance plan paid 100% by us, and a 401K plan.
Software Engineer for Salesforce.com Development
Patron Technology is a provider of technology solutions for arts and cultural organizations. Its flagship product, PatronManager, is an application built on the Force.com platform that allows organizations to run all aspects of their business, including: selling reserved seating tickets, subscriptions, and memberships online, managing electronic and physical communications and, if applicable, accepting donations -- all while still leveraging the core CRM features of Salesforce.com.
The Force.com platform is one of the fastest growing and exciting Platform-as-a-Service offerings available today. This is your opportunity to learn a new, highly marketable technology platform while being paid to do so.
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate software development professional for the role of Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically to provide input on key components of the system, while also rolling up their sleeves and executing that vision crisply. Patron Technology’s development team is headquartered at Nine Summer’s office in Woodbridge, CT.
- Several years of professional web software development experience.
- Desirable experience includes: Java Server Faces (JSF) and bonus points for having coded any Apex/Visualforce
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with API design and use
- You are passionate about the craft of writing software
- Must be able to effectively communicate progress and ideas
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability
Nice company benefits program with health insurance, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance and more
Casual work environment in a comfortable office space
Click here to apply.