Who Are We?
Here at Patron Technology, our backgrounds are as diverse as this city, but we have one thread that ties us all together -- we are passionate about arts, sports, and entertainment and want to see these industries succeed.
What Are We Doing?
We provide our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the salesforce.com platform.
Where Are We?
Our corporate headquarters are located right in the heart of the theatre district in NYC! You can practically step outside and see the flashing lights of Broadway. That being said, some of our positions are pretty flexible, and we have team members across the world.
What Are You Waiting For?
Check out our available positions:
- Executive Business Assistant and HR Coordinator
- Office Manager
- Full Time Bookkeeping Assistant
- Director of Marketing
- Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
- Software Engineer for Salesforce.com Development
Executive Business Assistant and HR Coordinator
Patron Technology seeks a mature, reliable, and top-notch professional to assist the Vice President of Business Affairs and to provide general assistance to a smart and dedicated Business Affairs team (four people).
Business Affairs oversees all the accounting/finance/budgeting, administration, and human resources for the company.
The assistant will have three primary roles:
- Managing payrolls and being the main contact with our HR (outsourced) company.
- Providing administrative and project assistance to the Vice President of Business Affairs, which includes managing investment documents, insurance needs, administrative functions of the overall office, and staff meetings and special events.
- Providing administrative and bookkeeping support to the business affairs team, which includes recording and depositing checks, administrative support, light bookkeeping, and other duties as needed.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn all about the internal workings of a fast-paced technology company that primarily serves the technology and ticketing needs of performing arts organizations. You will wear many hats and own many important projects that impact the overall company.
As the Assistant, you must be detail oriented but get the bigger picture, and you’ll appreciate working with project deadlines and deliverables. You will be at ease dealing with our clients and business partners via email and phone. You must know Excel (please brag!), and if you haven’t read between the lines, you need to be super comfortable with numbers. And because this is a jack-of-all trades kind of job, you’ll be a good business writer and have a good sense of humor as well.
Our environment is casual and fun (check out of some our company videos on Youtube), but we work hard and take our jobs very seriously. You’ll be handling a lot of confidential information, so you need to be a discreet and consummate professional.
We’re looking for somebody with 2-5 years office administrative experience. Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: payroll, HR management, bookkeeping, and general project management.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Bruce Gibson at jobs[at]patrontechnology. Please be sure to address the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Patron Technology?
- What do you have to offer us (we’ll read your resume, so no need to re-hash it)?
- What achievement are you most proud of that exemplifies why you are a good choice for this position?
- What is your favorite word and why (have fun!)?
Please include a sample spreadsheet that highlights your Excel skills. Tell us what the spreadsheet communicates. Every part of the application process is part of your interview, and your cover letter is extremely important. Form-cover letters will not be considered.
This is a full time position based in Manhattan. You’ll receive medical, dental, vision benefits paid in full by the company; 401K; education assistance; short and long term disability; flexible spending account; and Wageworks pre-tax commuter benefits. This position is available immediately.
We look forward to meeting you!!
The Office Manager is responsible for the maintenance, upkeep, improvement, and expansion of the Patron Technology offices located at 850 7th Ave. This includes procurement of supplies and equipment for a staff of 50+ onsite workers and 12+ offsite workers, basic technical support, and coordination with building management and vendors.
- Tracking and ordering office supplies, snacks, coffee, furniture, and equipment
- Procuring, setting up, and providing basic technical support for all company technology (desktops, laptops, tablets, monitors, phone units, printers, etc.)
- Coordinating with outside vendors to maintain and repair equipment
- Doing expense reports and reconciliations for CEO, supply office, and others.
- Accounts Payable
- Managing office and desk layout configurations
- Overseeing logistics for office moves and/or expansions
- Maintaining office cleanliness and organization
- Operating the main company phone line and routing calls
- Leading and/or providing support for office social activities (special lunches, birthdays, parties, etc.)
- Providing logistical support for major events (i.e. our annual client conference)
- other administrative tasks as necessary
- Extremely developed organizational skills; this position has a diverse and fast-paced set of tasks, and being able to juggle these requests and needs is paramount
- A healthy working knowledge of working with and providing basic troubleshooting for computers (mostly PCs, a few Apples)
- Strong project management and critical thinking skills
- Good phone skills for speaking with clients and vendors
- Comfort with a lot of autonomy
- An upbeat and personable attitude
This is not specifically a “tech support” position, but we ARE a technology company, so this position is good for someone who knows their way around a computer and is excited (and not at all intimidated) by learning new things. They should enjoy trying out new apps on your smartphones, helping relatives with computer problems, building their own databases or websites, etc.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like a great fit for you, write to us and tell us why. Your cover letter is the most important part of your application. Tell us about your enthusiasm for the arts, how your experience is applicable to the specific responsibilities of this job, and why you want to work for us specifically, in this job specifically. Send this cover letter along with your resume to Katie Kloan at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line "Office Manager".
Full Time Bookkeeping Assistant
Patron Technology, a company dedicated to providing web-based technology to performing arts organizations, seeks a full-time bookkeeper assistant and to round out a smart, dedicated, (and fun!) four-person team.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Process bills and send payments to vendors
- Enter financial data into accounting system
- Verify, prepare and send financial reports to clients
- Verify receipts and process monthly credit card expense reports
- Verify and process expenses for employee reimbursements
- Reconcile bank/CC accounts
- Ensure proper allocation of disbursements to clients
- Process client payments
- Other projects as necessary (mostly Excel/administrative)
You love detail, and you’re something of a perfectionist (and this doesn’t stress you out!). You want to learn more about the inner workings of a quickly growing business. You don’t get overwhelmed when working to meet deadlines and have the ability to prioritize. You take pride in the quality and quantity of work you do each day, knowing that it contributes to the success of the whole system that’s built on it.
This is an in-house position (not remote), and the ideal candidate has at least 1-2 years of bookkeeping and administrative experience. If you have many years of experience, you’re welcome to apply, but we will likely not be able to meet your salary requirements.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and/or other bookkeeping systems
- Proficiency with Excel
- Comfort working with web-based technology
- Fast and accurate typing
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus
- Detail orientation
- Analytic mind
- Self motivated
- Problem solver
- Likes to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to multitask
- Looking to learn and work in a fun environment
Compensation includes salary, health insurance paid 100% by company, and 401K. There is ample opportunity for increased responsibility as time goes on.
How to Apply:
Apply to Katie Kloan at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com.
Send resume and answer the following questions:
- Are you interested in the arts and/or technology?
- If you reconcile your personal bank account and it’s off by $2, what do you do? Tell us about your process -- how do you do you attack the issue and how do you resolve it.
- What is your favorite game?
We look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully meeting you very soon.
Patron Technology provides our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the salesforce.com platform.
We are located in Midtown Manhattan near Carnegie Hall, and office hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Director of Marketing
We are seeking a Director of Marketing to manage and build our marketing and lead development efforts. As a member of the senior management team of our company, you will supervise a department of six, and you will also play a significant role in Patron Technology’s success.
Responsibilities are widely varied, and include:
- Running both inbound and outbound lead development efforts, tracking progress towards the department’s goals and determining new goals
- Developing and executing Patron’s strategic marketing plan
- Leading the Marketing team, including team development and growth; team support and resource allocation; and team coaching and assessment
- Partnering with the sales team and product team to ensure appropriate messaging and support
- Managing our strategic alliances with partner organizations across the country
- Developing our ISV and GoToMarket relationship with salesforce.com
- Managing our sponsorships of industry conferences and independent workshops
- Managing all paid media marketing and PR programs
- Overseeing the team to execute industry trade shows, email newsletters, client communications, website, blog posts, whitepapers, social media, and Pardot, a marketing automation tool
Because this is a “big picture” and “detailed” job, our ideal candidate will have strengths as both a strategic thinker and as someone who is tremendously detail-oriented. You should be a problem-solver who enjoys thinking creatively about an issue, and proposing solutions to that issue, with the data to back it up. This role isn’t just about execution: You’ll have a significant opportunity to innovate, so you should have a proven track record of creating strategy and getting buy-in on that strategy from key stakeholders, and then also executing successfully.
In addition to the above, our ideal candidate will have a passion for the arts and/or entertainment fields, experience in marketing, experience with writing copy, impeccable time management skills, and strong communication skills (both written and verbal.) Experience with Salesforce, particularly detailed knowledge of campaigns and lead processes, is a big plus, as is experience with Pardot or similar tools.
Though we are no longer technically a start-up, our company culture still feels that way. The environment is casual and hard-working, and we have incredible camaraderie and enjoy hanging out with each other outside of the office, as well (or in the office after-hours, such as our monthly cheese club meeting.)
How to Apply:
If this sounds like a great fit for you, write to us and tell us why. Your cover letter is the most important part of your application. Tell us about your enthusiasm for the arts, how your experience is applicable to the specific responsibilities of this job, and why you want to work for us specifically, in this job specifically. Send this cover letter along with your resume to Bruce at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line "Director of Marketing". Supplemental materials — particularly design and/or writing samples — are welcome.
This position is available immediately and will be in our midtown NYC office. The position provides salary commensurate with experience, plus full health insurance paid 100% by company, and 401K.
Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
We are looking for a sales executive who understands the arts & ticketing industry and has exceptional sales and prospecting abilities. We offer PatronManager: cloud-based box office ticketing, marketing, & fundraising built on the salesforce platform. As a Sales Executive your potential clients will be performing arts executives, museum and venue managers, fundraising specialists, and box office professionals. Understanding their business needs and perspectives is essential.
Job responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of the sales process, from initial product demonstration to contracting.
- Prospecting for new clients.
- Collaborating with colleagues within a supportive sales team environment.
Requirements and Considerations:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in sales and lead generation.
- A strong interest and/or experience working with performing arts organizations, museums, commercial entertainment or sports.
- Experience selling software or other technology systems.
- Experience actually using any ticketing, membership management, or fundraising technology system is helpful.
- You must be able to write in a compelling manner and be equally persuasive on the phone or in person.
Send a cover letter and resume to jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line "Sales AE." Tell us about your enthusiasm for this position, why you have the innate drive and experience for this position, and why this job is perfect for you. Because crisp and persuasive writing is a critical skill, your cover letter should demonstrate that and is a very important part of your application. In other words, don’t bother sending a form cover letter. This position is located in our mid-town Manhattan office. You’ll have significant earning potential with a base salary plus commission. We also offer a Fortune-500 quality health insurance plan paid 100% by us, and a 401K plan.
Software Engineer for Salesforce.com Development
Patron Technology is a provider of technology solutions for arts and cultural organizations. Its flagship product, PatronManager, is an application built on the Force.com platform that allows organizations to run all aspects of their business, including: selling reserved seating tickets, subscriptions, and memberships online, managing electronic and physical communications and, if applicable, accepting donations -- all while still leveraging the core CRM features of Salesforce.com.
The Force.com platform is one of the fastest growing and exciting Platform-as-a-Service offerings available today. This is your opportunity to learn a new, highly marketable technology platform while being paid to do so.
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate software development professional for the role of Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically to provide input on key components of the system, while also rolling up their sleeves and executing that vision crisply. Patron Technology’s development team is headquartered at Nine Summer’s office in Woodbridge, CT.
- Several years of professional web software development experience.
- Desirable experience includes: Java Server Faces (JSF) and bonus points for having coded any Apex/Visualforce
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with API design and use
- You are passionate about the craft of writing software
- Must be able to effectively communicate progress and ideas
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability
Nice company benefits program with health insurance, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance and more
Casual work environment in a comfortable office space
Click here to apply.