Who Are We?
Here at Patron Technology, our backgrounds are as diverse as this city, but we have one thread that ties us all together -- we are passionate about arts, sports, and entertainment and want to see these industries succeed.
What Are We Doing?
We provide our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the salesforce.com platform.
Where Are We?
Our corporate headquarters are located right in the heart of the theatre district in NYC! You can practically step outside and see the flashing lights of Broadway. That being said, some of our positions are pretty flexible, and we have team members across the world.
What Are You Waiting For?
Check out our available positions:
- Live Event/Conference Producer
- Director of Marketing
- Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
- Software Engineer for Salesforce.com Development
Live Event/Conference Producer
Conference Date: August 26, 27, 28
Venue: Red Cross, NY
Patron Technology provides web-based technology services to performing arts organizations throughout the country.
We’re looking for an event producer to oversee our third annual client conference. This is the first year at a new venue: The Red Cross in New York City. We expect about 150-200 attendees.
The conference consists of two to three concurrent tracks of lectures and break-out training sessions. All sessions will involve projection of powerpoint and live web demos, and sound amplification.
We envision this producer coming in with expertise and experience, and working with our own staff to make the event a success.
You should be be completely adept at running on-site business-style conference events, managing set-up, timetable, presenters, technology, on-site computer needs, catering, etc. We are looking for somebody with 5+ years experience, and stellar references.
Elements to be handled by Event Producer:
- being the main operations contact with venue;
- overseeing overall production timetable;
- overseeing live event timing and “stage management";
- assessing what equipment is needed, as the venue does not have an on-site production department;
- coordinating multiple room set-ups and changes from session to session;
- ensuring A/V and all tech is operational and flawless;
- interfacing with vendors;
- securing all equipment needed (furniture, computers) and arranging for secure storage of equipment as needed;
- arranging/overseeing load-in and load-out of all equipment;
- overseeing special onsite raffles;
- coordinating with Director of Operations on management of front of house staff (check-in, security, etc.);
- arranging onsite catering (breakfast, snacks, beverages for all 3 days, possibly lunch as well);
- arranging two off-site cocktail parties.
Elements to be handled by Patron Technology (things you don't need to worry about):
- All content and program schedule
- Online advance registration
- Creation of signage, program, handouts, name tags, etc.
To apply, send your resume with a short cover note to Oliver First at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com
Director of Marketing
We are seeking a Director of Marketing to manage and build our marketing and lead development efforts. As a member of the senior management team of our company, you will supervise a department of six, and you will also play a significant role in Patron Technology’s success.
Responsibilities are widely varied, and include:
- Running both inbound and outbound lead development efforts, tracking progress towards the department’s goals and determining new goals
- Developing and executing Patron’s strategic marketing plan
- Leading the Marketing team, including team development and growth; team support and resource allocation; and team coaching and assessment
- Partnering with the sales team and product team to ensure appropriate messaging and support
- Managing our strategic alliances with partner organizations across the country
- Developing our ISV and GoToMarket relationship with salesforce.com
- Managing our sponsorships of industry conferences and independent workshops
- Managing all paid media marketing and PR programs
- Overseeing the team to execute industry trade shows, email newsletters, client communications, website, blog posts, whitepapers, social media, and Pardot, a marketing automation tool
Because this is a “big picture” and “detailed” job, our ideal candidate will have strengths as both a strategic thinker and as someone who is tremendously detail-oriented. You should be a problem-solver who enjoys thinking creatively about an issue, and proposing solutions to that issue, with the data to back it up. This role isn’t just about execution: You’ll have a significant opportunity to innovate, so you should have a proven track record of creating strategy and getting buy-in on that strategy from key stakeholders, and then also executing successfully.
In addition to the above, our ideal candidate will have a passion for the arts and/or entertainment fields, experience in marketing, experience with writing copy, impeccable time management skills, and strong communication skills (both written and verbal.) Experience with Salesforce, particularly detailed knowledge of campaigns and lead processes, is a big plus, as is experience with Pardot or similar tools.
Though we are no longer technically a start-up, our company culture still feels that way. The environment is casual and hard-working, and we have incredible camaraderie and enjoy hanging out with each other outside of the office, as well (or in the office after-hours, such as our monthly cheese club meeting.)
How to Apply:
If this sounds like a great fit for you, write to us and tell us why. Your cover letter is the most important part of your application. Tell us about your enthusiasm for the arts, how your experience is applicable to the specific responsibilities of this job, and why you want to work for us specifically, in this job specifically. Send this cover letter along with your resume to Bruce at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line "Director of Marketing". Supplemental materials — particularly design and/or writing samples — are welcome.
This position is available immediately and will be in our midtown NYC office. The position provides salary commensurate with experience, plus full health insurance paid 100% by company, and 401K.
Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
We are looking for a sales executive who understands the arts & ticketing industry and has exceptional sales and prospecting abilities. We offer PatronManager: cloud-based box office ticketing, marketing, & fundraising built on the salesforce platform. As a Sales Executive your potential clients will be performing arts executives, museum and venue managers, fundraising specialists, and box office professionals. Understanding their business needs and perspectives is essential.
Job responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of the sales process, from initial product demonstration to contracting.
- Prospecting for new clients.
- Collaborating with colleagues within a supportive sales team environment.
Requirements and Considerations:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in sales and lead generation.
- A strong interest and/or experience working with performing arts organizations, museums, commercial entertainment or sports.
- Experience selling software or other technology systems.
- Experience actually using any ticketing, membership management, or fundraising technology system is helpful.
- You must be able to write in a compelling manner and be equally persuasive on the phone or in person.
Send a cover letter and resume to jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line "Sales AE." Tell us about your enthusiasm for this position, why you have the innate drive and experience for this position, and why this job is perfect for you. Because crisp and persuasive writing is a critical skill, your cover letter should demonstrate that and is a very important part of your application. In other words, don’t bother sending a form cover letter. This position is located in our mid-town Manhattan office. You’ll have significant earning potential with a base salary plus commission. We also offer a Fortune-500 quality health insurance plan paid 100% by us, and a 401K plan.
Software Engineer for Salesforce.com Development
Patron Technology is a provider of technology solutions for arts and cultural organizations. Its flagship product, PatronManager, is an application built on the Force.com platform that allows organizations to run all aspects of their business, including: selling reserved seating tickets, subscriptions, and memberships online, managing electronic and physical communications and, if applicable, accepting donations -- all while still leveraging the core CRM features of Salesforce.com.
The Force.com platform is one of the fastest growing and exciting Platform-as-a-Service offerings available today. This is your opportunity to learn a new, highly marketable technology platform while being paid to do so.
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate software development professional for the role of Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically to provide input on key components of the system, while also rolling up their sleeves and executing that vision crisply. Patron Technology’s development team is headquartered at Nine Summer’s office in Woodbridge, CT.
- Several years of professional web software development experience.
- Desirable experience includes: Java Server Faces (JSF) and bonus points for having coded any Apex/Visualforce
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with API design and use
- You are passionate about the craft of writing software
- Must be able to effectively communicate progress and ideas
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability
Nice company benefits program with health insurance, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance and more
Casual work environment in a comfortable office space
Click here to apply.