Who Are We?
Here at Patron Technology, our backgrounds are as diverse as this city, but we have one thread that ties us all together — we are passionate about arts, sports, and entertainment and want to see these industries succeed.
What Are We Doing?
We provide our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the salesforce.com platform.
Where Are We?
Our corporate headquarters are located right in the heart of the theatre district in NYC! You can practically step outside and see the flashing lights of Broadway. That being said, some of our positions are pretty flexible, and we have team members across the world.
What Are You Waiting For?
Check out our available positions:
- Marketing & Lead Development Intern
- Full Time Bookkeeping Assistant
- Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
- Software Engineer for Salesforce.com Development
Marketing & Lead Development Intern
Are you creative, intelligent, and organized? Are you passionate about the arts and eager to gain practical experience working behind the scenes in a quick-paced dynamically growing technology company that supports hundreds of theaters, orchestras, museums across the USA?
We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, and technology savvy intern to support our Marketing and Lead Development Department. This is an ideal position for college/graduate student who is interested in learning, firsthand, the workings of a fast-paced technology start-up business. Patron Technology’s staff are a multi-talented group of theatre/music/dance performers, writers, and directors so expect to discover frequent opportunities to see your co-workers in performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Marketing Manager on a wide variety of tasks, including social media, live webinars, email marketing, marketing automation (using Pardot), graphic design and preparing for conferences around the country
- Developing templates/emails/ and working on reporting within Salesforce.
- Helping to prepare materials and operations for national trade show/conferences
- Writing/collaborating on various communications to clients
Requirements and Considerations:
- Smart, confident, enthusiastic, and a quick learner
- Ability to work independently but still build toward the greater good of a team
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A strong interest in the arts, museums, sports, or other live entertainment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
Our office atmosphere is casual and non-corporate, but our standards are high, and we’re growing quickly. Our office is in midtown Manhattan, right next to the Carnegie Deli, and office hours are from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Scheduling is flexible based on your availability and our needs.
This internship pays $10 per hour and will be for the fall semester (roughly September through December).
Please address your resume and cover letter to Dorothy and send it to jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line “Intern – Marketing /Lead Dev”. Don’t send a templated cover letter, we can tell and we’ll delete it. Rather write a fantastic cover letter tell us why you’re the right person for this particular job, your enthusiasm for the arts, and demonstrate why you have the innate drive to succeed at any job. This cover letter is the most important part of your application.
Full Time Bookkeeping Assistant
Patron Technology, a company dedicated to providing web-based technology to performing arts organizations, seeks a full-time bookkeeper assistant and to round out a smart, dedicated, (and fun!) four-person team.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Process bills and send payments to vendors
- Enter financial data into accounting system
- Verify, prepare and send financial reports to clients
- Verify receipts and process monthly credit card expense reports
- Verify and process expenses for employee reimbursements
- Reconcile bank/CC accounts
- Ensure proper allocation of disbursements to clients
- Process client payments
- Other projects as necessary (mostly Excel/administrative)
You love detail, and you’re something of a perfectionist (and this doesn’t stress you out!). You want to learn more about the inner workings of a quickly growing business. You don’t get overwhelmed when working to meet deadlines and have the ability to prioritize. You take pride in the quality and quantity of work you do each day, knowing that it contributes to the success of the whole system that’s built on it.
This is an in-house position (not remote), and the ideal candidate has at least 1-2 years of bookkeeping and administrative experience. If you have many years of experience, you’re welcome to apply, but we will likely not be able to meet your salary requirements.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and/or other bookkeeping systems
- Proficiency with Excel
- Comfort working with web-based technology
- Fast and accurate typing
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus
- Detail orientation
- Analytic mind
- Self motivated
- Problem solver
- Likes to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to multitask
- Looking to learn and work in a fun environment
Compensation includes salary, health insurance paid 100% by company, and 401K. There is ample opportunity for increased responsibility as time goes on.
How to Apply:
Apply to Katie Kloan at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com.
Send resume and answer the following questions:
- Are you interested in the arts and/or technology?
- If you reconcile your personal bank account and it’s off by $2, what do you do? Tell us about your process — how do you do you attack the issue and how do you resolve it.
- What is your favorite game?
We look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully meeting you very soon.
Patron Technology provides our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the salesforce.com platform.
We are located in Midtown Manhattan near Carnegie Hall, and office hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
We are looking for a sales executive who understands the arts & ticketing industry and has exceptional sales and prospecting abilities. We offer PatronManager: cloud-based box office ticketing, marketing, & fundraising built on the salesforce platform. As a Sales Executive your potential clients will be performing arts executives, museum and venue managers, fundraising specialists, and box office professionals. Understanding their business needs and perspectives is essential.
Job responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of the sales process, from initial product demonstration to contracting.
- Prospecting for new clients.
- Collaborating with colleagues within a supportive sales team environment.
Requirements and Considerations:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in sales and lead generation.
- A strong interest and/or experience working with performing arts organizations, museums, commercial entertainment or sports.
- Experience selling software or other technology systems.
- Experience actually using any ticketing, membership management, or fundraising technology system is helpful.
- You must be able to write in a compelling manner and be equally persuasive on the phone or in person.
Send a cover letter and resume to jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line “Sales AE.” Tell us about your enthusiasm for this position, why you have the innate drive and experience for this position, and why this job is perfect for you. Because crisp and persuasive writing is a critical skill, your cover letter should demonstrate that and is a very important part of your application. In other words, don’t bother sending a form cover letter. This position is located in our mid-town Manhattan office. You’ll have significant earning potential with a base salary plus commission. We also offer a Fortune-500 quality health insurance plan paid 100% by us, and a 401K plan.
Software Engineer for Salesforce.com Development
Patron Technology is a provider of technology solutions for arts and cultural organizations. Its flagship product, PatronManager, is an application built on the Force.com platform that allows organizations to run all aspects of their business, including: selling reserved seating tickets, subscriptions, and memberships online, managing electronic and physical communications and, if applicable, accepting donations — all while still leveraging the core CRM features of Salesforce.com.
The Force.com platform is one of the fastest growing and exciting Platform-as-a-Service offerings available today. This is your opportunity to learn a new, highly marketable technology platform while being paid to do so.
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate software development professional for the role of Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically to provide input on key components of the system, while also rolling up their sleeves and executing that vision crisply. Patron Technology’s development team is headquartered at Nine Summer’s office in Woodbridge, CT.
- Several years of professional web software development experience.
- Desirable experience includes: Java Server Faces (JSF) and bonus points for having coded any Apex/Visualforce
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with API design and use
- You are passionate about the craft of writing software
- Must be able to effectively communicate progress and ideas
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability
Nice company benefits program with health insurance, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance and more
Casual work environment in a comfortable office space
Click here to apply.